As I've navigated the world as a queer person I've heard countless stories of photographers not always being a safe space for LGBTQ+ identified folks. Friends feeling unsafe from a photographers actions, not knowing if a photographer is queer friendly, and simply not having their pronouns or identities respected.
There is more to it than just finding a queer person and sticking them in front of your camera. It's about respecting their identity, understanding the nuances, and giving them the quality experience they deserve. Not everyone who claims allyship is truly prepared for working with LGBTQ+ clients, that's what this course is here for. To dig in and learn the ins and outs, giving you a safe place to make mistakes without worry of harming your clients.
There is a huge need for education for photographers wanting to truly do justice in serving this community. We need photographers who loudly and proudly showcase queer faces in their instagram feeds and portfolios. This workshop is the jumping off point for truly serving this community!
- Access to all educational modules, downloads, and resources
- Learn tips and tricks for publishing, pronouns, posing, and more
- Exclusive membership in our Facebook community
- Access to any future bonus modules
- One on one consult with Liv to go over your website, contract, portfolio, or any specific questions you have! This is you time to pick Liv's brain!
- Live shoot with real queer models! Liv will guide you through her posing flow and you'll get amazing photos for your website!
Hi! I'm a queer twenty something photographer living in Grand Rapids, Michigan with my partner. I've been photographing weddings and portraits for over 7 years and I've become one of the go to photographers for LGBTQ+ clients in the area. You can usually find me in leggings, a fuzzy hoodie, while drinking cold brew and snuggling my pet lizard, Petunia. My photography style is documentary, earthy, and authentic. I'm an enneagram 3, an INFJ, and a true scorpio. This workshop has been my latest passion and I'm so excited to connect with eager photographers who are ready to jump into learning!
Module 1: Terminology
Module 2: Pronouns and Inclusive Language
Module 3: History
Module 4: Intersectionality
Module 5: Being an Ally
Module 6: Experiences of LGBTQ Clients
Module 7: Portfolio
Module 8: Publishing and Marketing
Module 9: Website and Contract
Module 10: Posing Tips